Monday, August 17, 2009

I Felt All Flushed With Fever.

Tonight just turned into one of those nights. In this dark room I miss you most. I wish that you could feel me in any way possible. If you could be the heat against my skin from the sun. If you could be the gaze in my eyes. If you could be the tears falling from my eyes or the pages of the book I write in at night. If maybe you could be the blanket that keeps me warm at night. If you could feel me, there would be no need for words sometimes. For nights like these I wouldn't have to open my mouth to speak, you'd just know if my heart skipped a beat or if I stared down at my hands a second longer, what I felt like. You know my weaknesses and when they manifest. Sometimes I don't want to use words to express it, just for you to simply, secretly know. Surely enough, you inspire the words I write, the stream of consciousness that flows out of my pen. The written words feel better than the spoken ones at times. Regardless of how the feelings are expressed, I hope for your understanding. Anyway, I hope you are dreaming sweetly, a little dream of me. I'll meet you in the middle.

No comments: