Saturday, July 18, 2009

Missing My Girls

I'm here in a random hotel in Texas wishing I were home at the Clubhouse watching movies and laughing with my baby girls. I always wondered when I was young if my father missed me as much as I missed him when he went away on his millions of trips.

The answer is yes, of course he did. I remember thinking that going to far off cities for work was glamorous and fun. I know now that all you think about is looking at your daughters faces, hearing them laugh, and secretly checking on them while they sleep, long past the time you said you were going to bed.

Being the kind of mom I am is is always surprising. I didn't get my kids until late in life, but I know that I feel for them the type of love only a mother can. I know the world stops for them. That I'd give my everything to keep them safe.

Often times my girls will admonish me for being overprotective and telling them too much. They don't know how much I wish I could keep them safe with me always, stop their tears, clear up their confusion, and take away their hurt. They don't know that they see my secret face. The one I show only to them.

There is no place on earth I would rather be than home. I'll see you tomorrow girls.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

roof dweller said...

oh mommy. you gave me cupcake eye! imagine nooshie & i sitting at du-par's suffering from mommy withdrawl. what happened to our agreement? no more leaving town again remember?
i love you.